Friday, November 9, 2012

ZD Racing 1/16 scale car's

Several month's ago I bought a couple of cheap 1/16 scale cars off of Ebay little did I know that I would come to love these little guy's . Despite there flaws "and they have several" these have become some of my favorites .Now because of there flaw's I find it hard to recommend these car's to anyone who isn't a veteran of R.C. car's because they lack part's support even though part's that fit these car's are all over the web . You just need to know where to look . 



Below is are link's to review I did on the brushed MT model . 




If you already bought one of these car's I'm here to help but if your thinking of buying one Caveat emptor 


After months of abuse my brushed model has had no problem's except the bearings where sub par  and is the most versatile of the two. I liked this car so much I made a Youtube count just so I could post video's of it . 





Later I did a driving video of it.





I then did a video when I decided to try a 9.6v battery and may have stumbled on to a LVC on the ESC


Soon I'm going to try a 2s and 3s lipo to see what  kinda results I get so check back for that .



Now the brushless model is a little different and I point out alot of the differences here .




But for the most part it's durability  was on par with the brushed model except the diff's at a minimum need shimmed or to have metal components installed . For this you have a couple of options . 

Your cheapest choice is to buy diff components for the Turnigy Monster Beetle from www.hobbyking.com these parts are made from a zinc alloy.

For the front and rear diff's it's easiest to just buy 2 of these .

For the center you will need 2 of these

and one set of these

Plus you will need some material to make pin's for the pinion gears to ride on.

If you want to lock the front and rear diff's and eliminate the weakest link's you will need this kit here.  

                                                            www.hobbyking.com






For the Best quality option you can buy steel parts here. http://www.shop.gotnitroonline.com


For the front and rear diff's it's easiest to just buy 2 of these . 

For the center you will need 2 of these

and one set of these



Plus one of these if you want 


these pin's may not fit if your set up doesn't have two sizes on the original 

pinion gear so different pins may need to be sourced .








Sadly I have not took much video of the brushless 

model but I do plan to .
S

So I will do the next best think here is video (that is not mine) showing a brushless model with a replacement motor with a 3s lipo . the stock car is fast but not as powerful as this little guy.



No comments:

Post a Comment