Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Talking about old monster trucks

Well I thought I would talk about some of the trucks I own and have owned.


Kyosho Big Brute

 Well I bought this truck of Ebay and it looked hideous, sadly I didn't take any pic's of it when I fist got it . Personally I found the truck easy to work on but the handling left a lot to be desired . I like my monster trucks to have a soft plush suspension but when I got the shocks tuned for the ride I wanted the truck would lean and then flip. I still liked the truck and hope to own one of it's siblings either the USA-1 or Double Dare.








Traxxas Stampede 

Well I still have my number two and just got my number three not long ago . What can I say I have never been disappointed with these trucks  . With the newest versions that have been released all I can say is wow if I can destroy the new transmission gears I am doing something wrong . I am also glad to see the new slipper clutch design it should cut back on slipper maintenance and make torque control more consistent.  If you have never owned one you should buy one this is definitely a truck everyone should own at least once .






Varicom Big Grizzly  

These trucks are somewhat rare and are well known for breaking more than anything . This truck is about to leave me and I can say I have had nothing break in the 5-6 time's I have run it.  Stuff  does likes to work loose and the plastic for the shock's must be terrible since mine only had one good one left . I will say that if you do run this truck don't get to excited about it to be honest the truck is under powered with just a single 540 motor and I can't imagine the frustration some people must have had about run times.  With a 3000 mah 6celll pack and a johnson silver can motor I could squeeze out maybe 8 min's of run time .






Tamiya Clodbuster


Well I haven't owned this truck long but I think it's going to be in my collection for a long time. I mean what can I say about the king of monster trucks . This truck has been a hit since it came out over well over 20 years ago and it's doubtful it's going to disappear anytime soon  . If you have ever thought that you might like own one pic one  up, just do it I picked mine up of Ebay for a hundred buck's and let me tell you , Im going to get my money out of this truck.











                                   

1 comment:

  1. Im going to try to find a widget to add that will allow you to send me your e-mail address privatlysince I am sure nether one of us want a bunch of random e-mails.

    ReplyDelete