Wednesday, January 9, 2013

My review on the stock brushed ZMT-10 / Turnigy Stadium King

Well I am going to start this out as part 1 of my review Now I'm not going to go into grave detail here because most of what I would right I have already written so If you want more there are links at the top and bottom for my information page for this truck,

I have now put several packs through the truck and can say it has not given much to complain about I still wish It had a better motor in it although it did run 17+ mph (soon to be retest ) and as far as top speed is concerned that isn't terrible but I wish It had a little more punch  and the bulkhead breaking was a let down but a Traxxas bulkhead is only around $5.00.

So far I have had little reason to think that this little truck can't fill the void left by the ECX car's moving up the price scale . Once  the battery was cycled a couple times I was able to get ruffly 10 min's drive time in my gravel driveway and yard. That's not to bad for a 2400 mah battery pack .

After running the truck for a while I finally found my pinion gear puller and swapped the stock brass pinion for a steel one meant for the Traxxas bandit .

But all in all I can say for a RTR truck it's a  good value in my opinion but I'm not to sure I would recommend it for a beginner . The main reason I say this is mostly due to the fact that there are things that should be done to this truck to prolong its life and to reduce maintenance . I have made a list here of some  things I recommend  to do to the truck soon after you buy .




Some of these things are very simple but others a beginner may not feel comfortable with .

 Now I have broke my grading  in to 10 sections.

1) Top Speed B- 17mph + that's not to bad. 

2) Pavement Driving C+ rear end likes to spin out a bit till the pins are wore down.


3) Loose Surface Driving A When new the rear tires can actually fling some dirt and gets great traction ,front are definitely above average.


4) Jumping AThe Truck flies smooth with a nose up attitude , to make this truck nose dive takes effort.


5) Durability B- In my opinion with a new bulkhead the truck it's self is just as durable as the competition The body and rim's sadly are not.


6) Ease of Use D The recommended upgrades and modifications really hurt it here.


7) Parts Availability C- The parts that can't be replaced with Traxxas components are hard to get, hobby king has been restocking parts but so far demand has kept them at a negative inventory  .


8 ) Price A- My ZMT-10 model was $120 shipped , The Turnigy version would run me $138 delivered( If there smart they will get this into the U.S. warehouse that should make it lower than $100 delivered)


9) Looks C Most people don't like the body but I don't think it looks to bad


10) Features B yes it's brushed but its also cheap , It does come with a pretty good  2.4GHz radio system that only takes 4AA's and the esc is powerful enough to deal with upgraded brushed motors to at least 15 turn's , Lets not forget it does include a decent battery and it does have a charger So I feel justified to give it this grade.




 According to a grade calculator I found that comes out to . A 3.00 grade average or a B

 You can use the link below or Click the link up top to go to My page dedicated to my time with this truck.

http://junkstuffandthings.blogspot.com/p/zmt-10-information.html

Remember this is part one part 2 will cover my upgrade to brushless.








No comments:

Post a Comment