Friday, January 25, 2013

ZD Racing R3-2400 Receiver & T3GMN-2400 / T3G-2400 2.4GHZ Remote Control kind of a review






Well I have seen these Radio's and Receivers for sale on Ebay and a few other sites for around $20 USD and I thought I would share my thoughts on them  since I have owned both.


Now these are some of the cheapest (price wise ) controllers you can buy and there only competition I know of is the SkyFly radio systems and to be honest the skyfly's may be a better deal due to the better availability of receivers out there.

I do feel that both of these have a better feel than the SkyFly but that's just my opinion.

Now both of these have pretty much the same features but the T3GMN-2400 has dials to change the steering and throttle end points and one for DR  where as the  T3G-2400 uses rocker switches and 2 buttons  to allow adjustments  and a series of LED's to indicate what adjustments have been made.

Now they both have servo reversing and only require 4 AA's to operate and have a port to charge rechargeable batteries while still in the controller .

The third channel switch really isn't all that convenient to operate but if you need it for accessories its there .

The systems range is very good and has yet to let me down .

The receiver is pretty small so you can put it just about any where.

Would I buy one again Yes I think they are a great value for there price range if you don't feel that you will need additional  receivers .






4 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I bought an RC car with the same TX/RX (T3GMN-2400 and R3-2400), but they won't bind. The RX red LED keeps blinking.
    I pressed the side button for 3 seconds, it started blinking faster but always returns to a slow red blink. Can you help me ?

    Regars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not bound one of these in a good while. Pretty sure all I had to do when binding these was: Make sure the transmitter is off then send power to the receiver / turn on the car . Hold the micro button on the side of the receiver till it starts to blink rapidly release the button and then power on the Transmitter and the LED should stop blinking and just stay lit . I do remember doing at least a couple of attempts and the receiver didn't bind like you describe . If they refuse to bind after 2-4 attempts I would make sure the transmitter has fresh batteries and you may try binding in a different location there may be another signal mucking up the works.

      Delete
  2. Talk about pld resurrection...did you ever figure this out? I got a new truck yesterday with this in it, it is doing the same. Won't bind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't say I can really make any suggestions aside from the one I listed above haven't needed to bind one of these in years .

      Delete