Friday, July 10, 2015

So I got it in my head to build a low cost monster /crawler .

Deciding I wanted to build some thing with solid axles was the easy part . I'm a cheap person and to to be honest I wanted this project to be as cheap as possible . Mostly because I wanted this to be a trail truck / crawler and I had the feeling that it wouldn't take long for it to turn in to a smallish monster truck or something similar to a mega truck .


I'm gonna have a post dedicated to the parts that I am using for this project and a link will and can be found here . Parts list   after it gets posted . The parts I'm starting with  where purchased from https://www.dollarhobbyz.com and more sources will be added in time as there will be lots of little bits I'm sure I haven't even thought about and I'll probably be adding pieces I will be making my self .

The stars of the low budget show .

A pair of HPI Crawler king / Wheely king axles .

 At $40.45  through Dollar Hobbyz Plus shipping and handling and a little assembly these were the cheapest axles I could find . Given that Most of the Axial based axles seem to be selling for $40.00 per axle These seemed to be the best way to go .



How about a Traxxas 1/16th scale transmission with the 540 motor mount .

At $13.99 for this transmission from Dollar Hobbyz Its a steal and I think it may be a very over looked but great crawler transmission with just a bit of work . My reasoning may take a bit of explaining so expect a link here LINK to a post just talking about this transmission and the reasons why i plan to use it .


No comments:

Post a Comment