Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Well its been awhile

I haven't made a post on there in a bit so felt it was time to write something . Past few months have been hectic and I haven't really felt like setting down and typing . 

So here are some updates in no particular order.

My step dads ground pounder is still kicking but and has suffered a few broken parts here and there but overall it holding up quite well despite many wrecks plus and lots of other interesting abuse .




My stepdad has also bought a few other RC's . The rest are also all Redcat Racing products and essentially are all the same car but there parts compatibility means that his spare parts inventory can remain fairly small .












The ZD Racing ZMT-10 / Turnigy stadium king 2wd truggy is wired up with brushless power again and has been proving to the Redcats that i need to install a wheelie bar or turn the punch down on the esc. Now thats it been on its roof just as much as its wheels the body has made its way to the trash .



The green bodied clodbuster is still kicking but it was sidelined for a while with a broken steering bellcrank but its fixed up and just waiting for more snow.

My cut up Rustler is wired up again with a Trinity 15 turn Speed Gem Pro and showing that brushed power vs brushless power isn't as clear cut as some people think . Thinking of adding a wheelie bar to it as well.

My brother had the Idea over the holiday season that Me , Him and my stepdad should do a spec class of sorts between us since we were all talking about building a track and racing this summer . After a bit of thought and discussion I think we decided that the chassis's will be a Traxxas 2wd Stampede and that we will be using 20 turn brushed motors and require the use of chevron / v bar pattern  tires . 



Started to play with a Redcat Twister XTG pro since some suggested it may be a better value than the Turnigy stadium king  / ZMT-10 but So far I haven't been thrilled with it . I have seen the XB or buggy version take some serious punishment but the longer control arms of the stadium truck seem to have to much leverage on the chassis but I'm not ready to condemn it just yet . I need more time with it before I can fully develop my opinion.

So look forward to lots of Redcat madness it looks like I'm going to start a page just for keeping track of vehicle breakages so be sure to check it out once its done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment